Our client was a Spanish based organization, manufacturing Capital equipment for a niche segment in India. The success of our client’s business was heavily dependent on its leadership capabilities in India. Having started its operations for 4 years in India, client found it difficult to make an impact in the market.
The assignment was open for close to a year. This assignment was earlier carried out by one of the top international search firm and it was a failed assignment.
Maven Hasten was assigned the mandate of searching a CEO for their aligning company in India. Here are the requirements set forth for the job description: Client was very specific on few parameters
This position shall be responsible for the P&L responsibility for India having solid line reporting to the President and dotted line reporting to the Board. He will be the top executive residing in India, the day-to-day decisions and month-to-month decisions will be taken by him. The position will be responsible for India Functions. The position shall handle the following:-
- Propose middle-term Strategies and drive the growth plan
- Propose to the Board, then execute and follow up the Profit and Loss portfolio
- Operational planning and management
- Full P&L management Ensure operational execution and financial performance to profit plan. Develop and execute the India strategic plan to position the business for significant growth.
- Lead growth opportunities for India market including; development of customer relationships, pull strategies, aftermarket Propose strategic partnerships. Achieve high level of customer satisfaction with delivery, quality and services.
- Building high performance culture and organizational capability.
- Implement competitive strategies and methods of analyzing potential Market & competitive
- Effectively participates with other members of the executive leadership team in strategic planning to help define other growth directions for the company in the future.
Through our extensive network, Maven Hasten identified a candidate best suited for the provided job duties. We were involved in both ends of the spectrum (client and candidate) to fulfill this role. On behalf of our client, we advised and executed the following: gathering the job requirements, finalizing the job description, reviewing the industry wide compensation to match the job duties, identifying the best suited candidates, interview and on-boarding process for the new employee. Few things we did differently: Attending exhibitions(Ex: IMTEX), Collected brochures, mapping the similar industries, cold calling, listing of suitable candidates, personal meeting with shortlisted candidates on fitment. Maven Hasten worked with the selected candidates on the following: organizational and job duties briefing, interview coordination, compensation negotiation, post offer follow ups such as join date, on-boarding etc..
Our industry knowledge, flexibility and in-depth experience played a key role in fulfilling the organization’s business needs with a successful new-hire. We are thrilled and thank our client for this opportunity.